How to Migrate your Website to HostGator
We try to make migrating over to HostGator easy. You can either migrate your site yourself or take advantage of our professional migration services.
When migrating your website to HostGator, keep in mind that:
- Transferring your domain, migrating your website content, and migrating your emails are separate processes.
- Transferring your domain does not migrate your content.
- Migrating your content does not transfer your domain.
Let us migrate your site
To assist you with your migration, 2 professional migration services are available within your Customer Portal.
- Site Migration (offered at a $149.99 one-time fee for a single website)
- Email Migration (offered at a $99.00 one-time fee for 1 email account)
HostGator also offers limited free site migration services for new accounts on VPS and Dedicated hosting plans within 30 days of signup only.
If you're looking into transferring your domain to your HostGator account, you can also do this within your Customer Portal. For more information about this process, please visit the following article.
Moving your site yourself
You can also choose to migrate the website content yourself. You may opt to do this if your hosting packages do not include a free professional migration service or if you want to migrate your site immediately without having to wait for the migration team (For example, you may be able to do it overnight, when we generally take a few days).
Please refer to the following article for more information.
After you've uploaded your website, you can connect your domain to HostGator. Once the propagation of DNS records is done, your website will be fully operational on your new HostGator hosting package within 24 hours.